January 5, 2014

Appreciating the "Old" of New Year!

First post of the New Year is supposed to be something EPIC and profound, right?!  Yeah, probably NOT!  It might be that I'm finally fully understanding what my mother meant by her cursory and inevitable response to our excitement over birthdays and holidays.  "It's just ANOTHER day" she would say as we spontaneously deflated over her lack of enthusiasm.  She is sitting at home, in this very moment, feeling pleased as punch that these life lessons were not lost on her eldest child.  I'm GRATEFUL for the consistency of my life and not really embracing the idea of a "NEW" anything.  I have no resolutions or delusions of grandeur about things that I'll accomplish in my 40th NEW YEAR... if it hasn't been accomplished thus far, obviously it isn't that crucial.  I'll get around to it when I get around to it.  I did pull out some stamp sets that had been sorely lacking my attention though, and I'm trying to get a feel for Apothecary Art?  Maybe it is better suited to "altered" objects like apothecary jars and bottles?  I can't remember what FIRE was lit under me to purchase it in the first place, but since I have it...

Happiest Birthday

 
Apothecary Art stamps, Night & Day Specialty DSP, Basic Black cs, Whisper White cs, Framelits: Labels Collection, Edgelits: Adorning Accents, Adorning Accents folders, basic jewels, black embossing powder,  Basic Black craft ink, Stampin’ Write Markers, Melon Mambo classic ink, silver waffle paper, silver 1/8” ribbon.


So Grateful


Apothecary Art stamps, Timeless Portrait DSP, Very Vanilla cs, Basic Black cs, Framelits: Labels Collection, Marina Mist taffeta ribbon, styled vanilla hodgepodge, basic pearls, Stampin’ Write Markers, Very Vanilla embossing powder, Very Vanilla craft ink, Basic Black craft ink, black embossing powder, notch punch, corner punch.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY and ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I really like the shiny looking ruffle on that top card.
    Happy new year, despite the lack of excitement of something NEW ;) I need to get with the program so I stop getting disappointed when certain days turn out to be 'just another day'. Sigh. Anyhow, your 40th new year is plenty enough to celebrate. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit with me. Your interest and readership is greatly appreciated. I WELCOME contructive criticism and animated dialogue. Let me know what you think and visit again soon!