October 14, 2013

"Old Hollywood" Halloween Hijinx

Who doesn't LOVE a little luxuriously CREEPY "Old Hollywood" Halloween... I know I DO!
It's my favorite time of year and I'll call it a holiday, despite popular beliefs that Halloween is celebrating EVIL and glorifying horror and gore.  I celebrate the fun of it and deny the existence of any evil intent or significance in that.  I don't think Christ's feelings are hurt by that anymore than he's distraught over his birthday being celebrated with snow people, fruitcakes and fabulously bedecked trees that have little or nothing to do with his purported life.  I embrace my "creepiness" and try not to take it too seriously... it's just another day, but it sure does break up the monotony of waiting for whatever comes after this world.  I miss the good, old horror movies that didn't rely on trick cinematography and sickening machinations of a damaged mind.  Just a solid story line a little suspense to scare the BEJESUS out of you, but you didn't feel like the writer of the screenplay needed to be in therapy or committed and that your eyeballs were violated just watching it.

I came across some photos from Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962) with two of my favorite screen icons, Bette Davis and Joan Crawford and thought:  It's time to do one of my shabby collage style cards.  I had a lot of fun with it and when all was said and done, I made this Halloween card and spooky bath duo for my stampin' sista, Erika.  The bottle has scented bath salts in it and inside the box is a treat from LUSH cosmetics.  Hope she's not too CREEPED OUT as she slips into the tub...after all, what are sisters for?  I stuck some other goodies for her to play with in the box and it should be arriving, hmmm... TODAY!  As for me, I'm off to have toast with the grape jelly my stampin' sista sent me and calling it a wrap for this Monday!  Happy BOO, to you!      




 
 
 
 
 
 
Supplies:  Stampin' UP! Family Reunion stamps, Eat DRINK and Be Scary stamps, Full of Life stamps, Piece of Poison stamps, Spooky Bingo Bits stamps, Best Fiends stamps, Raven Lace Trim, Basic Gray & Very Vanilla striped 1 1/4" wide grosgrain ribbon, Basic Black & Very Vanilla striped 1 1/4" wide grosgrain ribbon, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, Nite Owl DSP, Frightful Sight DSP, Basic Gray cs, Very Vanilla cs, vellum cs, Old Olive textured cs, Basic Black cs, Edgelits: Adorning Accents dies, Eyelet trim punch, Mistletoe ribbon originals, Very Vanilla velvet trim, black detail embossing powder, designer label punch, scalloped trim punch, Cloudy Day embossing folder, Filigree brads, silver mini brads, vintage tags, basic jewels rhinestones, Tangerine Tango classic ink. 
Stazon Jet Black, Versamark, Recollections black adhesive rhinestones, Jolee's Boutique dimensional spiders, Spellbinders dies, Sizzix box die
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY and ENJOY!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the sister card and all your fantastic projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit with me. Your interest and readership is greatly appreciated. I WELCOME contructive criticism and animated dialogue. Let me know what you think and visit again soon!