October 10, 2013

Days gone by...

Over a year ago, I started collecting notions, embellishments, and whatnot from the clearance bins with the intention of making something my mother (the budding crafter) could have in memory of her mother, whom we lost some 30 years ago now.  As is often the case, I found a 10x20 shadow box frame at Michael's on some crazy clearance and when it was all said and done with a 40% off coupon, I might have spent $7 on the whole project?  When doesn't a craft-a-holic cruise the usual places collecting things for future projects that may... or may not EVER materialize?  LOL.  I'm kinda grateful that it did get pushed to the back burner because it created the opportunity for us to do it TOGETHER and 2 crafty minds are always better than 1!

 
Supplies:  Stampin' UP! Timeless Portrait DSP, Mocha Morning specialty paper, Basic Black cs, Very Vanilla cs, brushed gold cs, wide striped grosgrain ribbon, Chantilly Lace, Flirty ribbon original, Antique Brass Hodgepodge, Simply Adorned charm, black lace ribbon, basic pearls, Beachfront ribbon originals, Spellbinders dies, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, Tim Holtz Idea-ology embellishments, gold SMOOCH spritz. 
 
The EPIC FAIL in all of this... we just weren't that focused on taking great pictures and I apologize for that, but hopefully you can glean some of the really beautiful details from what I captured with my iPhone.
 


 
In true crafter form and spirit, I was NOT wanting to let her take it home when we finished!  Of course, now I have an excuse to shop around and try and duplicate it for myself with a few modifications.

 
We really ENJOYED the time spent working on the project!  I'm always amazed by the fact that my fondest memories never seem to fade.  My life is still very much dictated by the impression left on me by my grandmother.  My wacky methodology, firmly held superstitions, and fair to midlin' good looks and sturdy constitution all reminiscent of a women who departed this earth 3/4ths of my lifetime ago.
  
  
Thanks for stopping by and ENJOY!! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful piece of craft work...
    This gives me a ideasl for some old photo's & things.
    Thanks for sharing...
    Keep up the beautiful work , you give me hope...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit with me. Your interest and readership is greatly appreciated. I WELCOME contructive criticism and animated dialogue. Let me know what you think and visit again soon!